Eighteen Sound ND3SN 8 Ohm 1.4″ 120W Compression Driver
- Throat Diameter 1.4”, 36 mm
- Rated Impedance 8Ω
- D.C. Resistance 45Ω
- Minimum Impedance 6,4 Ω @ 6000 Hz
- Nominal Power 120 W above 1,2 kHz
- Program power (8) 240 W above 1,2 kHz
- Sensitivity (9) 112 dB
- Frequency Range 800 ÷ 20000 Hz
- Recomm. Xover Frequency 1200 Hz (24 dB/Oct High-Pass Filter)
- Diaphragm material Pure Titanium
- Voice Coil Diameter 3”, 75 mm
- Voice Coil winding material Edgewound CCAW
- Magnet material Neodymium
- Flux Density 2.1T
- Overall diameter 4.3”, 120 mm
- N. of mounting holes and bolt 4 x M6 holes at 90° @ 4”, 102 mm
- Bolt circle diameter 4”, 102 mm
- Total depth 2.1”, 53 mm
- Net weight 3.64 lb, 2.3 kg
- Packaging Dimensions 165 x 150 x 65 mm
- 1.4” exit Neodymium compression driver
- Very fast impulse response for excellent transient reproduction
- Natural Sound frequency response extended up to 20 kHz
- 240 W program power handling
- 112 dB 1 W / 1 mt sensitivity
- 3”, 75 mm Edgewound CCAW voice coil
- Titanium diaphragm with proprietary suspension geometry
- Next gen 4-slot metal alloy phase plug design
- Copper sleeve for reduced distortion and increased high end output
- The ND3SN 1.4 inch exit Natural Sound neodymium high frequency compression driver has been designed to fulfill state of the art performances needed for present and future very high quality sound reinforcement applications.
- In addition to the next-gen titanium diaphragm of the standard ND3ST version, our TPM nitrate coat is applied, doubling the titanium stiffness and avoiding spurious resonances at very high frequencies, assuring a 3rd harmonic distortion lower than 0.05% over the whole working range.
- The ND3SN neodymium magnet assembly has been designed to obtain 21KGauss in the gap for major benefits in transient response. The motor structure, throughout the precisely coherent proprietary designed metal alloy phase plug with 4 circumferential slots and copper ring on the pole piece, reduces inductance effect and distortion.
- The diaphragm kit self-centering design allows high precision mounting and at the same time makes very easy the servicing procedure.
- The ability to perform properly under inclement weather conditions is a key point of the Eighteen Sound philosophy.
- Hence, a special treatment is applied to the magnet and the top and back plates of the magnetic structure in order to make the driver more resistant to the corrosive effects of salts and oxidization. This treatment is more effective than any other coating commonly used.
Designed & manufactured in Italy and provided exclusively on-line by Lean Business, this Eighteen Sound compression driver comes complete with 2 years warranty.
Why Choose Lean Business Audio?
50 years of experience of designing, building and supplying Home, Car and Professional Audio.
Huge stocks of leading loudspeakers and audio brands
KEF, Celestion, Eminence, WGS, Montage, BMS Speakers, Faital Pro, Eighteen Sound, Ciare
Low Worldwide shipping rates.
Free Delivery on selected brands with the UK.