BMS 5530 8 Ohm 1″ 80W Compression Driver
- Throat diameter 1″, 25.4 mm
- Nominal Impedance 8Ω
- Power capacity (AES) 80 W (rms)
- Peak Power 450 W
- Sensitivity 1 W / 1 m 113 dB
- Max. SPL (cont.) 132 dB at 80 W
- Frequency Range 500 – 20.000 Hz
- Recommended Crossover 1000 Hz
- Voice Coil Diameter 1.75″, 44.4 mm
- Magnet Material Neodymium
- Flux Density (Tesla) 2.2
- Voice Coil Material Copper Clad Aluminium
- Voice Coil Former Kapton TM
- Diaphragm Material Polyester
- Overall Diameter 85 mm
- Depth 36 mm
- Net Weight 0.83 kg
- 2 x M5 Holes, 180° on 57.15 mm Diameter
- 3 x M5 Holes, 120° on 57.15 mm Diameter
- Unique Patented Design
- Neodymium Magnet Assembly
- 113 dB Sensitivity 1 W / 1 m
- 1 kHz Crossover.
- Extended high Frequency Response up to 20 kHz
- Very small Size and low Weight
- 44.4 mm Sandwich in- and outside Voice Coil
- High quality point sources
- High output line arrays
- High output beam steering systems
- The BMS 5530 uses all unique BMS technologies like the ultra-low intermodulation distortion ring diaphragm, very high efficiency and a 44 mm sandwich voice coil in an ultra-compact format, the BMS 5530 sets a new standard in size to output ratio and provides the lowest crossover available at that size.
Great new potential
Loudspeaker system designers now can create modern products with no compromise, while reducing size, weight and cost of the driver components.
Unique solution for line arrays and beam steering systems
With an outside diameter of only 72mm the BMS 5530 is a non-compromise solution for high output line arrays when it comes to putting maximum output in minimal height.
When multiple 5530 drivers are closely mounted, the recommended crossover drops to 850Hz.
Because of its small size the BMS 5530 is the only solution to create high output beam steering systems with perfect directivity control, low crossover of 850Hz and 72mm acoustical distance between sources.
Designing better point sources
In fact the recommended crossover is one octave lower than other drivers in this category while the maximum output is 4-6dB higher.
This allows to design high output loudspeaker systems with high fidelity, high resolution sound and perfect directivity while reducing size, weight and cost.
Why Choose Lean Business Audio?
50 years of experience of designing, building and supplying Home, Car and Professional Audio.
Huge stocks of leading loudspeakers and audio brands
KEF, Celestion, Eminence, WGS, Montage, BMS Speakers, Faital Pro, Eighteen Sound, Ciare
Low Worldwide shipping rates.
Free Delivery on selected brands with the UK.